06 August 2009

Wasted Time = Thursday Survey!

Last night, I lost about two hours of my life to a combination of some of the worst traffic I've ever been stuck in, and some of the worst city planning I've ever seen. I still maintain that if aliens ever come to destroy the planet, I'll make signs pointing them first to Carson City, Nevada, and then to Norfolk, Virginia. At any rate, that cost me about two hours that should have been an a hair over an hour at the very most. I also lost half an hour at the YMCA, where I got in precisely one pool length of swimming before being kicked out on account of lightning. That pissed me off. So, I really didn't have any time to write anything up last night, but I was lucky in that my big sister, Mighty Mo, has a most excellent fiance, who will henceforth be known as the Man of Steel. On Tuesday night, the Man of Steel tagged me in a fun survey on Facebook, so with answers redacted and edited to maintain my anonymity, that's what I'm posting for today. Enjoy.

IN YOUR SENIOR YEAR DID YOU...
1. Did you date someone from your school?
Yes

2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
Nope. At least, not yet?

3. Did you car pool to school?
My parents had the forethought to buy a house that was across the street from the elementary school, and around the block from the middle school and the high school. I walked.

4. What kind of car did you have?
1989 GMC Jimmy - that thing was legendary

5. What kind of car do you have now?
2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

6. It's Friday night. Where are you now?
Friday *night*? I'm in bed - I was probably up at 04:30.

7. It is Friday night. Where were you then?
Uh... I think I remember making a point to go to football games during my senior year so that I could be around my classmates before I graduated, but after that, I was probably sitting around the house.

8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
I babysat a kid for two years, and then I started my long stint washing cars for my family's business.

9. What kind of job do you do now?
I'm a technical writer.

10. Were you a party animal?
Not in the slightest.

11. Were you considered a flirt?
Probably not a flirt. I didn't really date a whole lot in high school.

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Nope. :) I was the advertising manager on the newspaper staff, president of the forensics team, and the lead DJ for dances.

13. Were you a nerd?
Yeah, probably.

14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
I got one Saturday school my freshman year after a girl flipped out and started hitting and scratching me - she got suspended and was married with a kid by the time we graduated. Other than that, I had a pretty clean slate.

15. Can you sing the fight song?
I have no clue. I seem to recollect something, but that might be from Norfolk Admirals' games.

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)?
Mr. [A], Mrs. [B], Mrs. [C], Mr. [D]... I had a lot of great teachers in high school, and a handful of terrible ones (freshman English with NR, anyone?).

17. Where did you sit during lunch?
Mainly in Mrs. [C]'s room with the Lunch Bunch. Those were the days.

18. What was your school's full name?
[Hometown] High School

19. When did you graduate?
I was in the pseudo-smoke-free class of 2000.

20. What was your school mascot?
[Insert the Fly's high school mascot here]

21. If you could go back and do it again, what would you do differently?
Studied harder, joined either the swim team or the cross country team.

22. Did you have fun at Prom?
I went to see Gladiator instead of going to my prom.

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with?
Let's see... The only two "prom" dances I went to were the Valentine's Dance in '99 with [The Lobster], with whom I no longer have any contact, and the Winter Prom '99 with Mudflap, who still pesters me every now and again. Of the four girls who turned me down for prom, I'm friends with three of them on Facebook.

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
Assuming I'm able, I'd like to. Should be entertaining. I'll probably need to import a date.

25. Do you still talk to people from school?
A few, mostly on Facebook. I think the only one I talk to on the phone is [The Ginger Kid].

26. School Colors
[Colors]!

27. What celebrities came from your high school?
Does [Freakishly Tall Attention Hound] count as a celebrity?

If you read that and enjoyed it, why not post your own answers? If you have a blog, post the answers and leave a link in the comments. If you don't have a blog, just leave your response in the comments section. Check back tomorrow for AMF, and have an excellent day - especially if your name is Sam-Wise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home