25 December 2004

So, Happy Christmas

Well, the painful part of Christmas is over: we're done dealing with my mother's family. My cousins were relatively well-behaved this year, which is a change. Last year, one of my uncle's daughters brought her violin; she wasn't very good at that point, but I didn't much mind listening to something that sounded like a dying cat as long as she felt good about the whole family listening to her. Of course, my aunt the "award winning" music teacher screwed it up by trying to coach and teach her, in the process criticizing her and chiding her for playing the wrong notes, until she ran off crying. Nothing like that today (at least, not while my brother and I were there), but as usual the aforementioned aunt was obnoxious, interrupting just about everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if she's never said a clever thing in her entire life.

I didn't get "much" for Christmas, but I made out pretty well. I got some serious cash, that will hopefully be spent on a new computer, and soon. I got a copy of Shadow War by Richard Miniter and, among other things, a pint of Guinness from my aunt and uncle on my dad's side. Basically, I'll just be glad to be done with Christmas.

Right now the worst James Bond ever, Timothy Dalton, is on; I'm not even sure which film it is, though I recognize the scene where they ride down the snowy mountain on the cello case. I've got an in-grown toenail that's got a good three or four days of pain left in it, and I'll shortly be headed out to continue a Christmas tradition of spending the evening of Christmas day with some friends.

I may post later, I may not. If I don't and you're reading this, happy Christmas wherever you are.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Fly said...

Thanks! You should post more often! I hope you've had a great Christmas, Annie!

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home