04 January 2005

"Just a little off the top, thanks."

Sweet merciful glaven, the irony...

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa (Reuters) -- A group of young South African men taking part in coming of age rituals due to include circumcision turned on their male nurse and killed him, an official said on Monday.

Sizwe Kupelo of the Eastern Cape provincial health department said the men aged 18 to 25 beat the man to death with sticks at the site of their initiation ceremonies in Port Elizabeth on Friday.

"He was attacked by about 20 initiates who assaulted him, and he later died," Kupelo said.

He said the attack followed complaints by the men that they were not being properly looked after during their initiation ceremonies, but did not elaborate.

The nurse had been in charge of caring for the men ahead of their circumcision.

Now we all know from our dutiful reading, which I need to do in a few minutes, it's best to circumcise a child on the eighth day after his birth, not between ages eighteen and twenty-five years.

I attended a Bible study that touched on this once; there's some enzyme in the blood that is in high concentration on the eighth day of life, not before and I think not after, that helps the body heal quicker. I'm sure I could find a link, but I'm lazy and I have to get to class.

Right then, wankers, more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home