26 April 2005

Explosive Verbal Diarrhea

I watch Fox News pretty much exclusively when it comes to getting my television news coverage. I'm not always impressed, but I'm like that they report the other side of the story in a lot of cases.

One thing I dislike about Fox News has to do with their internal advertising. My biggest beef is with their advertisements for The O'Reilly Factor. I'm not a big fan of Bill O'Reilly, and though we agree on a lot, I think that he's pretty much worthless overall. In the "No Spin Zone" O'Reilly has a habit of harassing and denegrating his guests. Sometimes he's right to do it, but that's a rarity. Anyway, that's not the point.

Whenever they preview whatever dog and pony show they have tonight, they give the teaser, and then the disembodied voice of the Fox News announcer saying "It's an explosive O'Reilly Factor you can't miss!" Okay... How can they all be "explosive"? The truth, of course, is that they're not all explosive, and they cheapen the entire affair by continually referring to Bill's whining as such.

Right then, time to get ready for the radio show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home