19 April 2005

Waving Goodbye

It appears that the family Matriarch is in her waning days. I'll not go into detail just yet, but yesterday apparently wasn't a good day for her, and half the family went to see her with the expectation that she might not survive the day.

I'll not care to see my great-great aunt when she assumes the Matriarch's status officially, instead of just nominally. The Matriarch will turn ninety-six in May, the Aunt is ninety-four. Of about seven cousins, the Aunt will be the last survivor from that generation. She also lived with their mother, who was the last survivor of the previous generation; it's a status neither my great-great grandmother, nor my Aunt, wanted.

Anyway. Just wanted you folks to know, because it could become an issue, and soon.

UPDATE: When dad got up this morning, he informed me that the Matriarch died last night around 01:00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home