20 May 2005

Copious Exchange of Fluids

Remember the attractive blonde in my biology lab group? And remember my other lab partner, the sorority girl who had the shower party? You folks will like this one, especially... Well, there's no point in naming four people. Anyway, read on.

The subject of this week's biology lectures, lab, and recitation was diseases and their transmission. In the lab and recitation section, there are four of us who always sit together, and two alternates. We'll call the blonde Nefertiti, the sorority/shower/pie girl Daisy, the other guy in the lab group Miles, and the two alternates Drusilla and Portia, good Roman names.

On Wednesday in lab, Miles pointed out to me that the second half of our recitation activity on Friday (today) was titled "The Promiscuous Model", for reasons that will be revealed shortly. As he was scheduled to be absent due to a rock climbing excursion, he informed me that it was my responsibility to make as many jokes about this as was humanly possible. Since that's what I usually do anyway, I easily agreed.

Today was said recitation, and we did two activities, both of which involved exchanging fluids. I was, of course, excited at the possibilities, but the experiments consisted of each student being issued a vial and an eyedropper. Each vial had a bit of fluid in it. We were instructed to exchange half of our fluid with another person in the room, and to do this three times for the first exercise. You can imagine the jokes that came from this.

Fly: "Hey, Nefertiti, can I exchange fluids with you?"
Nefertiti: "Hmmm, I dunno. Exchanging fluids with me is very special, it's not just for anyone."
Fly: "I know, that's why I want you to be my first time."
Daisy: "But Fly, I thought we had something special."
Fly: "Of course we do, that's why I want to exchange with you once Nefertiti has shown me how it's done."

This was, by far, one of the most entertaining activities I've done while I've been at college. The end results were that during the first exercise, I was the only one at my table to contract the "disease". During the second exercise, all of us contracted it. This resulted in far more jokes, as you can well imagine.

And the peasants rejoiced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home