23 October 2005

Freedom in Black and White

In my continuing series of shared images from my travels and photographic expeditions, this is a picture I took in 2001 or 2002. It was taken at a local federal government installation that's a couple of blocks from my home. The landscape no longer exists as it did; in 2003 or so, as a result of the security gear-up of federal installations after 11th September, the place was completely fenced in, and in the process they moved the flagpole out into a field.

It's one of my favorite shots, and would be a sure prospect for any Fly's Photographs greatest hits reel. Even though you can't see the colors in the flag itself, the way I framed it, and the stark contrast between the light of the flag and the darkness of everything else always leaves me in awe. Absolutely one of my best shots ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home