30 November 2005

Another Day Without Me

Today's going to be an absolute nightmare. I'm coming off of thirty-nine straight hours on call, without a breather, and without a call; that means I didn't get any overtime pay, but basically haven't been able to leave the area since late Monday afternoon. I have what technically amounts to a two hour break between when I'm off call, and when I'm expected for a long day of high maintenance work. That will be followed by my customary three hours at the office this evening. So, to review: thirty-nine straight hours on call without relief, a two hour break, and a ten hour day. This is after two straight nights of around six hours of sleep.

Bollocks.

So, basically, don't expect much (any) posting from me throughout the day; I'll put a couple of things up before I leave, but once I'm gone, the earlist I'll be able to post will be after 17:15 PST. It's gong to be one of those days, folks.

It's going to be one of those days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home