26 December 2005

2006 Resolved: Part I

Some of you know me only from the blogs (Poosh, Mad Alchemist, Lycan Thrope); some of you know me a little better, having spoken on the phone and exchanged E-Mails with me (the lovely and talented Manda, Shannon the CCE); some of you know me extremely well, or have even met me (Friar Dave, the lovely and talented Michelle, Sarah Canuck); and some of you know me well in person (April, M@, Father Time). In one way or another, you've been with me through thick and thin over the last six to twelve months, or longer. Many of you know me, my background, my character, my dreams and goals, et cetera.

Over the last few days, Law School Goddess has kept me informed as she's developed her set of resolutions for 2006. I'm a fan of making resolutions, even though I don't usually accomplish all of them. Here are a few from recent years.

  • Pass that Navy SEAL PFT
  • Write something worth publishing
  • Go stargazing/shooting/on a photography expedition every other week
  • Read one book per month
  • Go to England

    Save for going to England (2004), and technically writing something worth publishing, most of those didn't get accomplished. So, at any rate, I'm coming up with my resolutions for 2006. Here's what I've got so far.

  • Pass the Navy SEAL PFT
  • Read two books per month: one for leisure, one for professional development
  • Write something worth publishing

    So, given that you folks know me in varying degrees, I'm curious: what do you think should make the list? I'm looking for two to four more resolutions, probably settling around five. They need to be realistic, but somewhat ambitious; and finding a job isn't going to be one of them, because if I don't have a job by 2007, I won't have broken my resolution, I'll have failed as a human being.

    Also, if you care to post your own resolutions, so long as you note that, I'd love to hear them. What should I accomplish in 2006? What do you hope to accomplish in 2006? Post it up, folks.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home