24 December 2005

Movies, Movies, Movies

Last night, after work, I went to the local video store and picked up a couple of movies. I have since watched both.

Last night, I watched "The 40 Year Old Virgin" with Steve Carrell. I was expecting it to be the same old crap with a few funny scenes, but I really thought the movie was well done. Carrell's acting was great, his co-workers/friends were believable, and the entire thing was really well done. I'm not sure if it's one that I'd buy on video, but it's certainly worth the rental, and if I'd gotten my ass to the theater over the Summer, it would have been worth paying for a full priced ticket.

Tonight, once I was home, I watched the second movie: Stanley Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange". I recently received the book as a gift, and I've wanted to see the film for a long time. It was extremely graphic, so I don't recommend it for the faint of heart; it must have been really over the top for its release date of 1971. Now I can say that I've watched the film, hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to say that I read the book, and then I'll have all the background I need for an old U2 B-Side that was published in only one spot: on the single for "The Fly". Appropriate, eh?

Well, it says "movies" thrice up in the title, and I've only listed two. The third? Well, it's more than just another movie. Today was the start of Spike TV's "The Eight Days of 007". I just caught the end of my favorite Connery Bond film, "You Only Live Twice", and now I'm watching the beginning of "From Russia With Love" before I go to bed. If you're bored over the next week, tune in to Spike TV for some great Bond films; just avoid "Die Another Day", "A View to a Kill", and "Never Say Never Again".

G'night, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home