17 December 2005

For Those Who Pray

Some of you will remember various references to Professor and Mrs. Augustus; Dr. Augustus was my advisor at university, and I probably took more classes from him than from any other instructor. His wife is probably about the most wonderful person I've ever met; she and her family were refugees to Canada during World War II, and she'd give you anything that she possibly could to make you feel welcome.

I received word yesterday that Mrs. Augustus has been diagnosed with cancer, and that it's pretty serious; she starts radiation treatments early next week. Given what I'm heard, I'm hopeful, but worried. If you're a person who prays, this woman is not only in need of prayers; she's also probably more deserving than any person you've ever met.

Thus saith the Fly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home