13 December 2005

That Broken Fall

Wow. Just... Wow.

Regular readers will know that I've had a less-than-stellar couple of months. Some of you will remember that I currently stand to owe the government a ton of money next April. I was coming to believe that my bank account might exceed $4000 by the end of the month, which would allow me to pay off at least most of the tax bill prior to the April due date. Life was going to be good with that monkey off my back.

Well, it wasn't to be. I got my mobile phone bill today and it was... Painful. I'm not quite sure what the deal was, but apparently I exceeded some limit, and they started nailing me for everything. Unfortunately, more than half of the calls were incoming, so I'm not sure who I should start ignoring calls from; but Wife, I'm looking at you. So, needless to say, my phone usage will be cut back, and I'll be looking forward to finding a job and getting out of this town, and getting a real phone with a real plan, that's not tied in to the office.

So, once that had been established, I left the house to meet up with the White Knight for lunch. I hadn't seen him since I helped him move back in August; we ate at a Hawaiian restaurant in College City, then went to a chain coffee place, all the while talking about philosophy, politics, literature, and the like. The White Knight went to [Generic University], and is now at [Generic Rival University] doing his master's degree in political science. We have a lot of experiences, values, and background in common, so time with him is always well spent.

That's most of the interesting bits about my day. Unless I come up with something terribly profound to post this evening, count on a Fly Report and at least one chat transcript tomorrow.

Oh, and if your name is April, and you're reading this: shame on you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home