17 February 2006

Things to Do Before You Die

I once heard a story about a man who made a list of things he wanted to do before he died. This was when I was a freshman or sophomore in college, and ever since I've wanted to make a similar list for myself. Tonight, escaping an empty home, I went down to the coffee house (where I was eventually assaulted by open mic night) and did some reading, writing, organization, and financial work. Eventually, I decided that in order to give myself an excuse to stick around for a few minutes, I'd finally start this list of things that I want to do before I die. Here's what I've come up with so far.

Things to Do Before I Die
  • see Pompeii
  • see Libya
  • see U2 in concert
  • see Skellig Michael

  • save the world

  • revisit Orkney
  • revisit Wyoming
  • revisit Washington, DC

  • become a man
  • become a husband
  • become a father

  • write a book
  • get a master's degree

  • kill a wild boar

  • complete the BUD/S Warning Order
  • run a 10k race

    So, I have two questions for you, my loyal readers.

    1) Since most of the people who comment on the blog know me somewhat well through the blog posts, E-Mail, other forms of communication, or in real life, what else do you think I should have on my list?

    2) What would you put on your list? What are some of the things, as few or as many as you want, that you'd like to accomplish before you die?

    Also, stay tuned after the Fly Report for an announcement regarding the format of TSTF.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home