12 March 2006

The Week in Review

I was writing an E-Mail yesterday, and calculated out what I normally work, compared to what I worked this week. I worked nearly five times this week what I'm normally scheduled to work, including two full days and two partial days, and that doesn't count my upcoming Sunday shift or my weekend on call, which could push things even further. Part of the point of me going through that spiel is this: you have my apologies, readers. On a day like yesterday, for example, it was all I could do to get the Fly Report and yesterday's chapter of The Epic of Bo Pi posted.

I've spoken once or twice about my infamous "To Do" list, which I make out every week. I didn't come anywhere close to crossing everything off of it this week, but yesterday there were only two items left to cross off (out of about nine). The closer I get to full completion, the better I am; it beats the hell out of only crossing two of the standard five items off.

I'm really, really getting stoked about this job prospect down in California. I'm planning on doing a couple of things in relation to it: specialized PT, and reading FM 100-5 and FM 71-3. I know all about Marine Corps doctrine, warfighting principles, field exercises, land navigation, rifle maintenance, et cetera; now I just have to figure out how that translates into Army-speak. As for specialized PT, starting Monday I'm going to start doing good old fashioned yomps.

Anyway, next week should be a bit less hectic, and I'll make a concerted effort to do more blogging with stuff that's readable and coherent. Thanks for sticking around, folks.

Also, Mo-Licious is going to die a horrible death of lung cancer unless she stops smoking immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home