04 August 2006

Enter the Flyton

I can't believe how much I rule. Okay, so I've had almost the same furniture arrangement in my flat since I arrived here in the Mojave. Today, I bought my first new piece in months. Since it's a futon that will be used almost exclusively by the Fly, I'm calling it... Ready for this? The "Flyton".

I purchased the Flyton at Wal Mart (after waiting about twenty minutes for them to finally get someone to help me with it), and paid $132.53 for it and two throw pillows. It took me less than an hour to assemble, and I was somehow able to get it from the TrailBlazer to the door of my flat without help.

Next on my agenda, I think, is a coffee table. I'd like to get a filing cabinet at some point, and though I'm tempted to get a book case, I don't currently have enough books here at Zoo Station to necessitate one. I also don't want to buy a lot of furniture since I don't know how long I intend to stick around these parts. I don't want to have a lot of bulky stuff to either sell, donate, or move.

And now, back to the job at hand: executive level sitting. Perhaps I'll use the Flyton this evening to watch television, or even to do some reading. Excellent!

UPDATE: On a side note, I'd like to issue a hearty "Screw you!" to Blogger for once again enabling verification on blog posts. I attempted to post a picture of the Flyton directly on the blog, and because Flickr can't display the verification image, Blogger flagged my post as spam. I attempted to use my limited but keen HTML editing skills to fix it, but it didn't work the way I wanted, so all I could do is link to it. What a joke. Comments are one thing, but this is ridiculous.

UPDATE: Apparently you can send a request to Blogger to have an actual human review your blog. Mine was flagged as a possible "spam blog", hence the word verification. I'm not sure what exactly I've done that would cause me to be associated with "spam blogs", but whatever. Hopefully some human will read through a few of my posts and determine that although I'm a bit eccentric, I'm most certainly not a "spam blog".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home