24 February 2007

Super Fly Arrival

Hey folks. I've arrived safely and gotten myself settled in. The computer in the business center of the hotel has a remarkably slow Internet connection, and at this point I can only get my laptop connected at about 20k, as opposed to 56k like I can get back at Zoo Station. Also, I think my keyboard is continuing to go, as I'm once again having problems typing certain characters. Sometimes the issue will reset itself when I reset my computer, so hopefully it'll snap back here during my next boot-up. Unless the situation improves a bit, I'm guessing that blogging is going to be fairly limited for the time being.

The other frustrating part of this is that I had intended to work on updating my CV while I was here, and with a partially-functioning computer that will be a bit of an issue. I've submitted my tax information to my accountant back in Hometown, and if the government doesn't take too much of my money I may invest in a new laptop while I'm here. My current machine dates back to September of '00, right before I started college, and it's long past time for a change. I have all of the important files from this machine backed up, so in theory I could pull a new laptop out of the box and drop the old files straight onto the new one. Then again, maybe that's just another Fly pipe dream.

Well, I don't know what I did, but now those characters are working again; I still need a new laptop, though. Anyway, I'm going to get a shower and then go find some food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home