22 January 2008

Disturbances in the Mojo

It's cold. Like, really cold. Like, so cold, I actually dug out another blanket last night because I was frickin' freezing. I'm actually tempted to turn on my heat. Will I hold out like I did last year at Van Dieman's Station? Only the Shadow knows!

I saw Cloverfield yesterday with Police Fan. Not bad. I'm not usually a fan of monster movies, and I'm certainly not a fan of movies that make me think I'm hungry until I figure out that it's motion sickness, but it was actually pretty good. I've come to a new standard in movie-going over the last few years, wherein I judge a movie less by whether or not it made some sort of nebulous artistic statement, and more by whether it accomplished what it intended and resulted in a fun experience. Cloverfield delivers on the second: it's a good monster movie. There you have it.

What's that? You want a video? Well, here's one I saw a few months ago, and it's still funny: Magneto's job interview at Starbucks!



I don't have a cool link for you today. There it is.

Okay, folks, the Fly has things to do. One question for you before I go: is anyone interested in reading my spy novel, chapter by chapter? I'm considering posting it up here as sort of a "peer review" sort of thing, but if there's no interest I'll just continue sending it to Big Red.

And just for the record, only one person will know this, but there was a massive disturbance in the Mojo on Sunday. I still think it's messed up, but it's not my place to meddle in the flow of the Mojo... After all, for those who meddle, the Mojo is weak.

Happy Tuesday, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home