15 January 2008

Tuesday's Theme? Space!

First thing's first: my heartfelt thanks to all of you regulars who read "2007" on the last several Fly Reports and completely ignored any obligation to give me a head's up in the comments. Awesome!

I'm writing a spy novel. There it is. I spent pretty much my whole evening last night working on it. I started it at the beginning of December, and right now I'm about thirty-five pages into it. Because I worked on it last night, I have yet to finish the post that will, eventually, address Chazza's objections to my post about why global warming and Darwinian evolution are pseudo-scientific nonsense... Or something hedging around that.

So, what's the solution? A funny video and a compelling link of the day. The video? One of my favorite movies, 2001: A Space Odyssey (the short version).


It's extremely funny if you, like me, have both seen the movie and read the book... And probably even funnier if you only saw the movie, or part of the movie, and you were as confused as I was the first time I saw it. Everyone's favorite Internet(s/web) denizen, Father Time, was there at the beginning of the film, and documented all of the monkeys beating the living daylights out of each other with bones. The link is related: Moon Base Clavius. For anyone who's ever believed that the Apollo missions landed on the moon, that site should end all speculation - if it doesn't, you're just a conspiracy theorist tool like [insert redacted political statement here].

As I've mentioned already, I'm taking most of this week off from work, so rest assured that I'll have some backlogged news articles up, and maybe some thoughts on politics as well. For now, I'll just say: how about that Senator McCain?

Si vis pacem, para bellum, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home