03 January 2008

Fly Hate for 2008

Hey folks. You'd think with all of the "holiday time" over the last couple of weeks, I'd have put up something other than a Fly Report by now in 2008. Wrong, obviously. In fact, I think I may have a problem, because like Captain Ahab, I'm becoming sort of a workaholic. (Yes, I know that Captain Ahab had much bigger fish to fry than workaholism.) The original plan was to defer holidays and use them as vacation days to fly back to Hometown, but since I don't have enough money to pull that off, all I've done is work sixteen extra hours since last Monday. Overall, I'm in a colossally foul mood, and have been since about 8:30 on Monday evening, which was about an hour before I went to bed because nobody invited me to do anything for New Year's Eve.

Van Dieman's Station may be an improvement in many ways over Zoo Station, but at least when I lived at Zoo Station home was a one day drive away, and I had something to do on New Year's Eve.

So, a couple of days ago I ended up stumbling upon some funny and some serious videos about terrorists and insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'll post one of the funnies... Now.


Wasn't that swell? Anyway, so for better or for worse, it's 2008. I have some resolutions, and I'll try to get those up for your viewing (and probably comedic) pleasure tomorrow. I also finally finished what turned into a two-part article for my parallel writing endeavour, so I'll put those together (and probably add a few things that I yanked) and post it on Monday.

I can't wait until I have a weekend where I don't have to do anything. This nonsense of being busy all the time is getting old. Thank God for Guinness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home