24 January 2008

Morning Nookie and Monkeys - Heyo!

Ready for a cheap laugh? Well, Law School Goddess has been under the weather for the last few days, and yesterday she greeted me with the following exchange, quite accidentally on her part.

LSG: ---- me its early
The Fly: Okay, but I have to finish quick, I'm getting ready for work.
LSG: har har
The Fly: You said it, not me.

My verdict? Hilarious! Well, something or other came up, and I passed the exchange on to a familiar chum of mine, the good Friar - with humorous results. Observe:

Friar Dave: yyyep.
Friar Dave: gotta be careful with that
Friar Dave:
The Fly: As in, posting it on the blog?
The Fly: Hehehe
Friar Dave: LOL
Friar Dave: no, that's not what i meant at all
Friar Dave: i was thinking more along the lines that people should know better than to give yout that kind of room to work

That kind of room to work with, indeed! What's that? It's funny video time? How about Dane Cook's "Heist Monkey" bit?



A little bit crass (maybe I should have said that earlier), but with Dane Cook it's sort of implied. Whoops?

Just another quick anecdote, and then I have things to do. It's fairly frustrating, and entertaining at the same time, to talk to three different people at once (one of them being Sarah Canuck) to try to get ideas for a plot snag in my spy novel. If you're in the middle of Kirkwall, Orkney at midnight in December or January, and you're on a training mission, and you need a screw to discreetly pop the tire on the vehicle you've been tracking since Aberdeen, where do you find it? You and your partner don't know the layout of the city, so there will be no finding of random hardware stores. There are no random barns that just burned down (thank you, Fletch), leaving screws available for the taking. I'm sure I'll come up with something if I think about it hard enough, but it sure has me tripped up so far.

Okay, that'll do. Happy Thursday, kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home