11 January 2008

Freitag al Jamha Vendredi

It's Friday. Awesome. I have a full weekend planned, including one thing that's totally awesome: after six months of living within ten or fifteen miles of one another, I'm finally having lunch with Furious D. Furious was one of my best friends in college; now he's married with two kids and a lieutenant in the Marine Corps, and I'm... Well, completely single, no kids, and a contractor. I know what you're thinking, and I agree with you wholeheartedly - he's such a sucker! Ha!

The big news, though, is that I'm doing something next week for the first time since I arrived in Old Dominion: I'm taking time off of work. I've accrued enough worked holiday time to be able to take the equivalent of a six day weekend next week (with the MLK holiday). Most of it will just be spent not being at work, something that I have a hard time forcing myself to do; I also have some other projects I need to do, though, so it should be both relaxing and productive. I also plan to get some writing done. Speaking of which, I'll be writing an article this weekend about Afghanistan, so check in Monday and/or Tuesday for that.

What's that? You want a video and a funny link to help you numb your mind to the drudgery of work and family? Well, I'll start you off with this video:


That's right, folks: Dire Straits' "Brothers in Arms", performed by a bunch of guys in goofy robes, singing in the style of Benedictine monks chanting. Sweet. And for a funny link, well... Let's just say that our requests aren't that strange. Oh, and just for fun, I'll throw in a satellite coordinate as well: behold, a ferry that has a fifty percent chance of being the one that I rode to Kirkwall in September of 2004.

The thing I'm really excited about today is that one of my former co-workers in California went to the bar we used to hang out at every now and again, and snapped a picture of this bartender who I had a total jones for. Danke, mein Mütter!

And I'll close this post by once again reiterating that my ex-girlfriend, the Whore, should be hit by a double-decker bus, in God's mercy. Have a great weekend, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home