15 February 2008

Super Fly Friday! Super Fly Friday!

Friday! Al Jamhaa! Freitag! Booyeah! Boom-shaka-laka! It's the weekend! Awesome! Wooooo!

Why did I do that? I don't know. It boggles the mind. How about you? How are you doing, folks? How was your Singles Awareness Day? Entertaining? That's the healthiest way to approach Saint Valentine's Day if you're not spending time with someone who you can't get enough of: find the comedy in the situation. One thing I found entertaining, for once, are these two articles about how men and women act on dates to indicate if they're interested or not. Gentlemen, do you ever encounter any of these signs? Ladies, do you ever see this kind of behavior? I found both articles to be entertaining and accurate - not surprising, since they're based on the experiences of an Army Special Forces interrogator, instead of the usual mindless mutants that MSN most often tasks with creating their constantly-changing content.

A couple of notes on the writing front. First, remember this article that I wrote for my parallel writing endeavour, and posted on Monday? I mentioned the other day that it was linked by one of my favorite security blogs. Well, yesterday when I got back from work, I had this forwarded E-Mail waiting from my managing editor:

[The Fly]'s article entitled "This Ain't...." is obviously one written by a person who is blind to the crimes committed on a daily basis by Israel. In my opinion, the true threat to the security of the world comes from the Zionist regime in Israel. All the atrocities committed against the civilians in the surrounding and within Israel will result in reactions which one day will lead to a war that no one can control. The only way to the world peace is to have America stop supporting the Israeli regime and have them deal fairly and peacefully with its neighbors.
God Bless

This means two things:

  • I've been able to write in such a way to ruffle some feathers (while being diplomatic - that was one of my least controversial articles!)
  • At least two people, other than me and The Artista, have read my article! Awesome!

    Also on the writing front, I had lunch yesterday with a former colleague of the venerable LtCol Schoutter, one of my instructors from ROTC in college. LtCol Schoutter recommended that I get in touch with him. Well, during the course of the lunch, we came to find out that A) he wants to write a book and B) I'm a writer/editor. I'm dropping my card off with him later today. A book like this could set me up for life - if it actually pans out, of course. Very exciting! Great success!

    What's that? You want a video for the day? Something to keep you entertained? Look no further! (Until you're done watching the video, after it's done you can look further at the rest of the post. And then leave a comment.)



    Oh, and in security news, it's been a great couple of weeks for the good guys and a bad couple of weeks for global jihad. Coalition forces in Balochistan captured Mansoor Dadullah, a major Taliban commander and brother of a Taliban commander who was killed last year. The next day or thereabouts, a car bomb killed Imad Mughniyeh, the Hezbollah commander who masterminded bombings of the American embassy and Marine barracks in Beirut in the early 1980's, among other horrible attrocities. And about two weeks ago, a missile attack in western Pakistan killed Abu Laith al Libi, another top Taliban commander. These are big stories, folks. Like Ron Burgundy, they're a big deal; people knew these people.

    Okay, folks, time for this friendly neighborhood Super Fly to get ready and hit the road. Long live the Republic! And may the Whore be hit by a double decker bus (pictured below), in God's mercy!
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home