10 March 2008

Super Fly Monday

Hey folks! Let me lead this post off by saying quite clearly: Daylight Saving Time is a joke. Aside from losing an hour with which to write yesterday's article (which I'm really not happy with, I'd really like to rewrite it and make it Fly-worthy), my life was not severely traumatized; I'm just sick of this silly shell game that supposedly benefits us, when really it doesn't. Asinine.

Today's video is the first from DianiDevine, which I found to be extremely entertaining; and I think I've dated a couple of girls like this during my long, storied, and tragic years of... Uh... Of dating?



Yesterday, after church, a group of us went out for lunch. As you can probably imagine, chicanery ensued. Just for clarity, The Artista, who was in attendance, used to date What Was, and is now dating What Is. Surfer Dude and Big Orange are happily (and entertainingly) married to one another, and Guacamolly is Big Orange's little sister.

Guacamolly: Artista, did you think that What Was and [Girl] were ever flirting with each other?
The Artista: No, not really.
What Is: [Girl] had better taste. *looks at Artista and leans in*
Guacamolly: Oh! He said that, and then he tries to get a kiss? That's why guys are idiots!
Surfer Dude: Oh! Burn!
Big Orange: Surfer Dude, you're a guy!
Surfer Dude: I don't care, at least somebody got burned!

And luckily, I was there to witness it all, and document it on a 3"x5" index card. Sometimes, I can't believe how much I rule.

So, as mentioned previously, this is the week when things need to start a-movin' and a-shakin'. If I can get six or seven things rolling, including some new Arabic flash cards, my taxes, synching up my clocks, resetting my wireless router, organizing my clothes, go on three yomps, and something else that probably involves voodoo, I think I'll be in pretty good shape. If I can't... Well, that'll just set the bar that much higher so that I can once again demonstrate my superhuman abilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home