11 March 2008

I Did It One Post at a Time

Hey folks! Happy Tuesday! Very, very little time (I promised myself last night that I wasn't going to do a blog post for lack of time this morning, but sod it, I'll do one anyway), so I'll do these items rapid-fire.

First off, I got a yomp out of my way yesterday. That leaves a lot to try and fit in over the next couple of days, but I'm going to be ambitious about it, and tonight I should be able to do several of those things. Also, for some reason I keep having extremely vivid dreams - last night's involved an amputee who was fleeing gang violence in a Venice-like city, followed by a road trip back home in which there were massive amounts of water - not to the point of flooding, but very, very close.

As I've mentioned before, there are certain YouTube personalities who I find to be absolutely awesome - to the point of not really missing owning a television that much - and one of them is a guy named Chris Leavins who does a show called Cute With Chris. Here's his latest installment.



Awesome. Also, I've already posted James McCabe's essay about the spotted owl, but I apparently haven't done it since 2005, so you folks are welcome to enjoy it once again. And for those of you who are interested in military topics and simultaneously think that America is awesome, here's something for you! The AN-VLQ-9, better known as the Warlock. The Warlock was a device developed for prevention the explosion of some types of artillery and mortar rounds in the Persian Gulf War, but when the Jihadis started using remote-detonated IEDs in Iraq the system was retasked and given a new lease on life as an anti-IED jammer. They've saved many Coalition and Iraqi lives, and they're the result of American ingenuity. Excellent!

And for those of you who love both Geography and my frequent discussion of my trips to Europe, here's a Wikimapia link that shows you the roof of a building that I was on top of on the evening of 17th September 2004. It's from that roof that I took this picture, and also this one. I didn't know this at the time, but there's a law in Paris stating that no building (save for the historic ones) can be any taller than six stories. Because of this, if you can hoist yourself up onto the roof of any given building, you can see all of the beautiful landmarks in Paris... Including Les Invalides, my favorite Paris landmark (and the final resting place of Napoleon), to name but one.

Okay, I'm WAY late. Have a great day, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home