09 April 2008

A Pithy, Expertly-Crafted Dig

Senator Clinton wants us to boycott the opening ceremonies at the Olympics in Beijing? Really? Senator Clinton wants us to put political pressure on China? Really? China? Aren't the Clintons pretty good buddies with the Chinese?

Your daily video is one of the funniest episodes of Cute With Chris:



Today's satellite image, for the sole purpose of my long fascination with Mormonism, is Temple Square in Salt Lake City, Utah. The history of the Latter-Day Saints, though undoubtedly controversial, is really fascinating.

I keyed in on this yesterday, but I want to reiterate it today: I think that all of the people who are protesting against China are outstanding. I guess even the filthy, ignorant, unshaven, unbathed, uneducated, unsavory protestors can get things right occasionally. They've been wrong about Iraq for five and a half years at this point, but I they're right about Tibet and Darfur.

I'd like to note with some excitement that I finally got to hang out with Peter, formerly known as "Sneaky Pete", on Monday night. A picture of us at a little pub in downtown Denver is forthcoming. As expected, I was as impressed in person with Peter as I've always been online. He's a gentleman and a scholar... With good taste in pubs.

Also exciting are my plans for tonight: seeing Twitley. Extremely long-time readers will remember that my brother, Twitley, lives in Wyoming. Once he found out that I was going to be in Denver, he decided to drive all the way from Wyoming to see me. Twitley and I haven't seen each other in more than two years, so I'm exceptionally excited to spend the evening with him. I'll have a picture of that up within a few days, too.

Have a great day, folks, and remember: just say no to guys who go to Renaissance fairs... Especially if they're balding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home