11 June 2008

Shaved Heads Rule

It's been a decent week. Mighty Good Leader is getting out of the hospital today after two months. Two months. Wow. Dad got out on Monday. Money's in the bank, although I have to sit on it for the moment. I've gotten a little bit of work done on spy novel number two. Some lousy stuff, too, but not that much of it, and hopefully it's something that can be taken care of quickly.

You know from reading my blog that there are spectacular Roman ruins in Libya; but did you know that there's a Roman garrison city in Algeria? It's called Timgad (Wiki), or "Thamagus" in Latin. Definitely a possibility for a location on that second novel, most of which is going to be set in North Africa (hence my interest lately in scouring Wikimapia for awesome sites in and around the Sahara).

I love funny videos, as you well know. I found these two suave mammer-jammers a while ago, and here's one of their better videos. I present to you, Barats and Bereta as The Harty Boys.



Oi. Alright, stuff to do, stuff to do. Question of the day, and hopefully some of the folks who have posted lately will bite on this, too. You have ten grand ($10,000, or £5000 for you limeys out there - about $400 trillion if you're in Zimbabwe at the moment) to take a dream vacation. Where do you go, and why? And I don't want to hear "a swingers' resort!" You know who you are, damnit!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm, that's a tough one because there are so many places I want to go! I'll narrow it down to a top 3:

1) Tour of Scandinavia, including Iceland, because it is absolutely gorgeous. Also I want to stock up on Lopi yarn in Iceland - it's my favourite wool with which to knit!

2) A much longer, more detailed tourist visit to France (especially the south), Italy, and Spain. I have never been to Spain and I really want to go. Also there is so much in the South of France and all of Italy that I haven't seen that I really want to.

3) Japan - mostly just because Justin is going to be living there starting in the fall. He'll be in Okinawa, which is a tropical archipelago to the south of the main chain if you didn't know. Having a friend living on a tropical island and NOT visiting them is a waste of an opportunity.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home