12 June 2008

Politics Can Be Funny

Hey folks! I hope everyone's having an outstanding Thursday. Just a couple of bits today.

Long-time readers know that I pay more attention to politics than most folks, although I'm certainly not as ingrained into political wrangling as my buddies over at the Veritas Forum... Even though they apparently haven't updated their blog since October. Hmmmm. At any rate, I stumbled across this video of Representative Ted Poe of Texas, and had to post it because I believe that it is A) hilarious, and B) representative of the fundamental divide between modern Republicans and modern Democrats. Observe.



It would have been nice if he'd thrown in an extraneous "Don't mess with Texas," but alas, we have to settle for scathing oratory. Congressional Democrats may be blocking all attempts by American companies to procure new sources of crude oil, they may be blocking all attempts to build new oil refineries and nuclear plants, they may be sinking your tax dollars into risky and unproven "alternative energy" and "green programs" (see: "watermelon")... But damnit, at least they can tell you what kind of kooky light bulbs you have to use!

If that's a bit too political for you, everyone ought to be able to appreciate this list, which is pretty much completely safe for work: The Top Five Badass American Presidents of All Time. Personally, I think that President John Tyler should have gotten an honorable mention. After his first wife died, he married a woman thirty years his junior (excellent!) while in office (outstanding!) and fathered seven children with her (suh-weet!).

Oh, yeah, and a satellite image, because I just can't get enough: an alleged military camp in the middle of the Mauritanian desert. I actually received, just yesterday, a replacement copy of Shadow War by Richard Miniter, my original copy being buried in a box in Hometown, some three thousand miles away. I'm using it as a source for spy novel number two, which I may be on the verge of naming.

Have fun, folks! Don't spend it all in one place! Or something... I don't know, just have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home