11 September 2008

Remembrance/Election Zombies

Hey ladies and gents. The post below the asterisks was written last night, during which time I was distracted by what's been going on in my life over the course of the last few days. Then, the first thing I saw when my alarm went off this morning was that it was September 11th, 2008. Today is the seven year anniversary of the most brutal attack on innocent Americans in living memory. I'm not going to post a long blurb, but I do want to remind you of Joanne Ahladiotis, and make one political note.

Every American election is important. Some are more important than others. For example, although I think that President Clinton was a lousy President during both of his terms, and Vice President Gore would have been a lousy choice for President in 2000, those were less critical elections than the one in 2004 and the one this year. As we approach November, Americans have an important choice to make: continue a policy that has kept us safe for the last seven years, or return to a policy that was a near-total failure. For the sake of Joanne and those who shared her fate, I hope that Americans make the right decision.

* * *

Hey folks! For those of you who were concerned, today was marginally better than yesterday, in part because it involved Scotch! Anyway, I have very little to share today, so this should be pretty brief.

In lieu of important news, I want to share the greatest recent example of life imitating art: a doping scandal at the paralympics. Which art does this imitate? You guessed it: the South Park episode in which there was a doping scandal at the Special Olympics!

Oh, and I won't even bother with a link, but most of you will have seen it already: the North Korean dictator, Kim Jong Il, may have had a stroke in mid-August. Was it because he was so... Ronery!?



Oh, yeah, today's Election Thursday. Well, to be honest, I haven't had a chance to write anything up, but I will share something I discussed with Disc Golf Champ the other night. Okay, so Senator Obama's claim to fame was that he was a "community organizer" after he graduated from college. Well, you know what group has a lot in common with Obama voters? Zombies! After all, zombies don't have much of a leader, either; and their actions and hunger for brains don't involve much conscious thought, either! But, as Disc Golf Champ so accurately pointed out, if there's one community that could use some organizing, it's the zombie community! Thoughts?

Alright, folks, that's it for today. Check back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home