27 February 2009

AMF: Seawolf Substitutions

I mentioned yesterday that I'm going to be working, intermittently at least, on a project involving submarine model kits and the airplanes from a USS Enterprise aircraft carrier model kit. I'd been trying for the last few weeks to get some copies of an old Los Angeles class submarine kit, but since those don't seem to exist anymore, I settled for calling Hobbytown USA today and asking them to look up a 1:350 model of USS Seawolf. I don't like the design of the Seawolf as much as I liked the Los Angeles, but I may be able to make it work for my purposes.

I have to be honest, I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to write this post out. I think that I'm going to cop out and bullet point most of it.

  • State Department reps don't know their own areas of operations
  • National Review: 25 Conservative Movies (I would have included a few more, and replaced some of the ones they had listed - I may revisit this link at some point.)
  • From Michael Totten: Christopher Hitchens and the Battle of Beirut
  • We're the ones caught in the rat trap - Beware recycling/composting fanatics, and the unintended consequences of environmentalism.
  • From the BBC: 'Oldest English words' identified

    As many of you will know, I've been trying to get in shape for years now, and had originally thought that 2009 would be my year. I still have high hopes, but since I got back from vacation a few weeks ago, I've had a tough time getting my plans off the ground - mainly due to having to catch up on a number of things. I'm making progress, but it seems as if there are never enough hours in the day to get everything done that needs to be done. Why do I mention this? Because Chops/the Crypto King gave me a few interesting sites to check out: Couch to 5k, Podrunner Intervals, and the Twenty Pullups Challenge. I'll be checking them out, particularly the Couch to 5k one, to see if they can be adapted to help me in my goals.

    That's it for today, folks. This weekend will consist of writing, errands, and chores to try to get fully caught up so that I can dedicate my time to various other projects that either need to or ought to be pursued. Have a great weekend, and check back Monday.

    Oh, bollocks, today was supposed to be Stuff Fly Wants... Soon. I'll post it soon. Maybe this weekend, once I update a few things.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home