05 February 2009

More of the Fly's Ambitious Goals

Hey folks. As I write this, I'm still watching Battlestar Galactica Season 4.0. I'm currently watching the sixth episode, Faith, which guest stars Deep Space 9 actress Nana Visitor. I'm enjoying it, but it's been since April that I watched new (to me) episodes. Once I finish (Tomorrow? This weekend?), I'd like to start again from the beginning. It will take weeks to watch it all again, but I'd like to actually take forty or fifty minutes per night and watch an episode, really sit down and watch it. With such big lag times, it's tough to really keep up with all of the nuance, and this show is so very nuanced. It's so detailed, and that's part of what makes it good, but it requires a lot of attention to all of that detail. I want to do the same thing with MI-5 now that I'll soon be getting series six on DVD.

I have a number of other goals for the next couple of months. After a nap on the plane Sunday evening, I got particularly efficient at consolidating and generating some new plans for the next couple of months. Some of these items tie into my post from October, and some are new. There are a number of loose ends in my life that need to be tied up, that ought to have been tied up previously. Now that I've had two weeks to unwind and get myself back in order, it's time to redouble these efforts. So, some of my goals for February are as follows.

  • learn to backup files from my old computer using both a USB hard drive kit and an ethernet card
  • finish making Arabic flash cards that I've been meaning to make for months now
  • record all of the metrics from nearly three and a half years of the Fly Report into an Excel spreadsheet
  • record all of the metrics from nearly three years of refueling logs for my truck
  • set up a home weather station that I received for Christmas from the Sub-Matriarch
  • fully clean my flat (it's been a while and it could use some work)
  • order contact lenses and take care of a couple of other necessary expenditures
  • send my taxes to the accountant

    I also have a number of goals that will spill over into March and April.

  • settle a debt that's been nagging at me, and make a donation that's also been nagging me
  • finish designing my shipping container house
  • analyze and revise my personal budget
  • clean out several years of redundant/obsolete paperwork that's been carted to California and now to Virginia
  • review personal property for items to sell, donate, or destroy
  • design a new website
  • give a number of gifts that I've been meaning to give for a while now

    My guess is that some additional items will almost certainly be added to March and April. One of them may be taking the Blackwater Carbine Armorer course, but that will be dependent upon funds and timing. So, I basically have the next couple of months cut out for me. I hope to be caught up with errands resulting from my lengthy absence by the end of tomorrow, and solid on hours at work by the end of tomorrow as well, which will mean that starting on Monday, I can dive into this stuff full bore.

    I need to start accomplishing things. I accomplish some things, but I desperately want and need to accomplish more. I believe that I can.

    I have several more items to post, but I'm going to close this up for today. Check back in tomorrow for some wrap-up news stories that I've collected over the course of the week. Have a great Thursday, folks.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home