09 April 2009

Busy Fly = Entertaining Links Day!

The last few nights have been pretty crazy, and two of the three have involved cooking. That's right, me, cooking. Also, I've been getting back into the swing of studying Arabic, as noted on my two recent posts over at Ten Thousand Reps. Anyway, I didn't have time to type up an actual post last night, and I also didn't have time to convert my latest article to blog form, so in lieu of a regular post, here are some bulleted stories and links, most of which are pretty light and entertaining. I've top-loaded the entertaining ones, just for you, the valued reader. Enjoy.

Light and Entertaining:
  • The Babe Theory of Political Movements - It's a historical fact that many successful revolutions have been spearheaded by hot women, and by men who wanted to impress hot women. If you don't believe me, Google "Cedar Revolution". This tongue-in-cheek entry is both informative and entertaining, and well worth five or ten minutes to read if you need a giggle.
  • Scientists Race to Prevent 'Catastrophic Disaster' in Space - An interesting article from Fox News about the quest to clean up space junk floating around in orbit.
  • Turks with "Obama go home" signs, North Korean soldiers dancing on the border, and a really cool picture of a plane crossing the Moon in a Times Online photo spread from a few days ago.
  • The Castaway Canine that Wouldn't Quit - If you love dogs, or just happy endings in this age of bad news, this story is a must-read.
  • From The Onion: 'C-List Celebrity Killer' Leaves Police Enthusiastically Guessing Who's Next
  • 'Lap-dancing nun' performs for Church - I guess they have different standards for beauty in Italy, because I don't think I'd want a lap dance from this woman, even before she became a nun. Good for her for straightening her life out, though!
  • More proof that Apple is the devil: Going for a more expensive song: iTunes raises prices
  • Today's satellite picture: a resort city west of Baghdad
  • And here's a link to a video from College Humor, that Mrs. Mike Nelson would hate. Just saying.

    Pertinent and Serious:
  • Politics: In the Age of Hope and Change, I pine for leaders like Nicolas Sarkozy and Silvio Berlusconi.
  • Politics: Obama wins respect of US military - I'm not sure whose military the author was talking about, but his article doesn't match my boots-on-the-ground perception.
  • From Michael Totten: Sadr City After the Fall - As always, Michael Totten is one of the two greatest independent journalists in the world today. Go check it out, enjoy the pictures, and digest the information.
  • JPost: The Karabakh war's Bitter Legacy

    Have a great day, folks, and tune in tomorrow for Arbeit Macht Freitag.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home