12 May 2009

Seriously?

Last night turned out to be exceptionally rough ("Just the way your mother likes it, Trebek!"), and rather than spend the short time that I had doing a blog post, I actually wound up spending it doing two things:


For the record, that's an Arabic Bible, and while I do have an English/Arabic Quran, the Bible looks cooler. Anyway, I actually did a reading of سورة الأحقاف‎, Surat al Ahqaf, "The Dunes", while listening to an Arabic and English recitation of the Pickthall Translation. My hard copy is the Maulana Muhammad Ali translation, but it's sort of like reading and hearing two different translations of the Bible, sometimes it helps you to get the concept better than hearing just one word. Plus, the Arabic's the same in both the audio and printed versions.

So, yeah. No time for blogging last night. Tonight doesn't look promising for blogging, either; but you never know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home