06 May 2009

Bring the Pain

I spent all evening making flash cards. Those Arabic flash cards that I've been talking about finishing up for months? They're finally done. I could still stand to make cards of the remaining Ninety-Nine Names of God that aren't on cards already, but that can wait.

Also, I didn't sleep that well last night. I think part of it is that I changed my bedding arrangement, and part of it was that when I got up at about 04:05 to try to sleep in the LoveSac, it wound up storming, so there was loud wind in surges, and rain throughout. It didn't help that people were calling and texting until almost midnight. Basically, today's going to be a miserable day at work due to last night's sleep deprivation. Anyway, here are a few items from yesterday.

  • What Does @ Really Mean? (Gizmodo)
  • Just how bad is Facebook for you? - A indie reporter writing for the BBC deconstructs and fact checks dubious claims that Facebook is bad for you.
  • Afghanistan: Kabul shoppers offered US goods in the Bush Bazaar (Guardian)
  • Metal Storm Completes First Shoulder Firing of MAUL Shotgun (SPX) - Worth checking out if you like guns, it's a twelve gauge shotgun that can be underslung on an infantry rifle like an M203 grenade launcher. Very cool.

    Today's satellite image is the site of a botched World War I British landing site on the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey. That's it for today, folks. Check in tomorrow for more from yours truly.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home