15 June 2009

Mahmoud Ahmedinejad: Still a Wanker

Hey folks! I had a fantastic weekend, quite productive, to include spending Saturday sitting around in my trollies, working on my book. Yesterday was excellent, too, with church, a solid swim, ordering some crap on the Internet, cleaning up the kitchen, and going to home group. So, I have a lot to cover, and a limited time to cover it, so pay attention. First, bullet points.

  • Guardian: Elections emphasise Ireland's north-south divide
  • Guardian: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad faces defeat if election not rigged, say Iranian experts - Given that there was record turnout that was said to bolster Mir-Hossein Mousavi's chances of winning, and they claimed that Mahmoud Ahmedinejad got more than sixty percent of the vote, I'd say it was rigged.
  • Times: London's wishes nowhere on the American radar - Leave it to The One to screw up an excellent relationship with the United Kingdom, and snub France - but I'll be damned if he can't give long, pointless speeches to the "Muslim world"!
  • AFP: NATO endorses drawdown of Kosovo force - Even though this article is written by a peacenik, it explains why we (at least, America) shouldn't have been in Kosovo in the first place.
  • Michael Totten: No Divine Victory for Hezbollah - Always excellent, Michael Totten recaps last week's Lebanese elections.
  • Michael Yon: Green Beret Loses Race and Wins a Battle - A fantastic blurb with excellent pictures detailing US Army Special Forces in the Philippines.
  • Times: Qaddhafi in Italy - Another pictorial.

    A while ago, I had some major work that had to be done to my truck, and the result was that I put a few spending projects (some stuff for me, and some donations for others) on hold. I've recovered a bit, killed a couple of unnecessary expenditures (read: Match[dot]com), and although I haven't fully recovered, I'm back to being in pretty good financial shape, particularly after I pay bills early this week and get paid late this week. So, in addition to paying some bills today, I made some purchases online yesterday, and will be making some charitable donations as well. So far, I've purchased:

  • 1 pair of British Army desert trousers, £19.95 (about $36.00) before shipping
  • 1, 2, 3 sets of Turkish/Islamic worry/prayer beads, $38.00 before shipping
  • Silicone Skin Case for Sansa Connect + Armband + Removable Beltclip and a book for a combined total of $39.80, before shipping

    Also, I E-mailed the vendor of my Gitmo Cookbook, and apparently the order notification went straight to her spam folder. Because of that, she's sending me an extra book, which I'm assuming is a second copy of the cookbook. That's awesome, because it means that I can send it as a gift to one of my many friends, most of whom appreciate both conservative values and humor - mainly humor. So, it probably won't be Father Time!

    In addition to these things, I've also decided to throw some money around to some worthy causes. My cousin has started a small business in conjunction with our family business, so I'm going to patronize his services for that in order to support him, his wife, and his kid - mainly him and his kid, but that's another story. Anyway, I'm also going to make donations to the following worthy causes:

  • Michael Totten, $50 - I've had this money order sitting in my bag since April, and haven't had a chance to write out the note, so I'll try to get that sent this week.
  • Greg and Liz Dean of Real Life Comics - Liz needs tuition money, and since I love the comic (and Greg's offering hand-drawn artwork for donations of $50), I'm going to take the leap.
  • Confused Matthew - I think Matthew's movie reviews are really entertaining, even when I don't agree with them. He lost his job or something, and he's offering a ten minute movie review of the donor's choice to anyone who's willing to pay him $25, so I've E-mailed him and offered to pay up if he's willing to do a review of my favorite movie, Gladiator.

    Okay, I had planned to post pictures of my place today, and I took them last night since the place is relatively clean and I have posters and furniture and stuff now, but Themis, Goddess of Justice, needs a pep talk, so I'm giving her one. Have a fantastic day, folks! Check back tomorrow to see the Fly Cave!
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home