24 July 2009

Wherein the Fly is Greatly Successful

What a day. What a productive, exhausting day yesterday was. I accomplished the following things, among others.

  • I had a third flawless swim workout of the week, and stretched. One more swim workout, and I will have accomplished my cardio goal for the week. As I post this I'm in the midst of the Forty-five more pushups and sixty more situps that will complete my calisthenics portion. Great success!
  • I went grocery shopping.
  • I made Tuna Helper, and fresh fruit salad, and cleaned up. It took a long time, but it was worth it.
  • I read and listened to سورة الرحمن (Surat al Rahman, "The Merciful") in English and Arabic.
  • I read from The Royal Marines by Julian Thompson.

    So, here's the news.

  • Bin Laden's Son Believed Killed in U.S. Airstrike (Fox, CNN, BBC, Guardian, Times) - Good shooting, boys! Keep looking for the tall skinny guy who's hooked up to the dialysis machine!
  • 'Imbecilic' French Army Drill Sparks Giant Wildfire (Sky News, BBC, Times) - You know, if the French weren't at least making an effort in places like Afghanitan and Lebanon, I'd be very, very tempted to lay into them on this one.
  • CNN: Poisoned chalice? Swine flu hits [Anglican] church wine; [Anglican] Church offers marriage [of adults] and baptism [of their pre-existing children] in one
  • CNN: N. Korea: Clinton 'funny rady, by no means interrigent' - Okay, I'll admit it, I changed the L's to R's.
  • CNN: NASA Earth pictures show extent of eclipse - Very, very cool. Go have a look, even if you ignore the article itself.
  • BBC: Israel to use Hitler shot for PR - Go look. The picture shows Hitler, and he's straight up chillin' with the Grand Mufti (read: chief Muslim cleric) of Jerusalem.
  • BBC gallery: In pictures: Bears of Ussuriysk - Mighty Mo, you will probably love this gallery, so go look.
  • Guardian photo: Pesh, Afghanistan: A US soldier crosses another day off his calendar at Michigan base
  • US ready to arm Gulf allies against Iran (Guardian); Clinton stirs Israeli fears US will accept nuclear Iran (AFP)
  • Times: Gaddafi trip to US angers Lockerbie families, Colonel Gaddafi the pariah has become an ally; UPI: Libya Eyes a New Arsenal
  • UPI: British look for ways to deal with IEDs
  • AFP: Kalashnikov Demand Soars with Violence in Pakistan
  • John Stossel: The Arrogance of Health Care Reform - John Stossel is awesome, and he deftly cuts through the crap that the Obama Administration has been spewing about proposed reforms to health care. Hear me now and believe me later, if President Obama fails on this, and on Cap-and-Tax, it's a good thing for everyone because it will mean that Democrats and Republicans will have to start playing ball with one another. America works best when politicians have to compete, hard, in order to get your vote, and it works best when conditions force them to work in a bi-partisan manner.

    I had originally intended to add a couple of additional items to this week's AMF post, but as I write this, it's after 2100 on Thursday, and I refuse to go to bed at 2330 again. Have a great weekend, folks, and check back on Monday for more. There are some great things planned for next week, so be sure to tune in.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home