26 December 2004

Super Good Feeling

I'll give a gold star to anyone who can post in the comments section what the post subject is in reference to. No cheating!

I'm back to the 007 marathon, and the film that's probably my favorite Brosnan Bond film is on. It's The World is Not Enough; as far as the Brosnan Bond films go, it's rivalled only by GoldenEye. For what it's worth, the most recent Bond film, Die Another Day (Halle Berry, theme song by Madonna) was absolute rubbish. If the producers ousted Brosnan as James Bond over that film (it's not even worth linking to), they should be ashamed of themselves; not even Connery could have made that script work.

At any rate, I'm still not a fan of Christmas, but I had a great experience tonight, and it's one that I've been having quite a bit lately. I say this not to toot my own horn, but because it honestly feels good. Tonight I was over at Howro and Jan's, and Howro and I got to talking about politics, mainly foreign policy, mainly the Middle East and Iraq. Howro and Jan are fairly liberal... Sort of. At any rate, Howro and I spent over an hour talking politics, and he kept asking me questions and I kept answering them, and answering them well, because I knew what I was talking about. Some of it was my reaction and interpretation of the facts, but a lot of it was just plain old explanation based on solid knowledge of history, national security policy, defense equipment, and the Middle East. I knew what I was talking about, and I knew what I was talking about enough to continually answer Howro's questions. During the past couple of weeks of school holiday, I've been going to the gym with Young Nathan, and I've been able to rattle off all sorts of information about ancient history, particularly Roman Britain.

It's a great feeling to know that you have knowledge and information about a subject. For the record, I'm the first person to admit when I have no clue; ask me about business or math or something. Go on, I dare you.

If I don't post again tonight, I'll try to post a few things tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home