31 March 2005

BBC World Travesty

During my first senior year of university, I made it a habit to listen to the BBC World Service when I was in the computer lab. Once I discovered that I could listen to the Michael Medved show, either live or looped from the most recent show, I started listening to him more often than I listened to the BBC.

Today, for the hell of it, I decided to tune into the BBC World Service. It was less than five minutes before I eliminated it and switched to Medved. The overwhelming media bias on the BBC was pretty blatant. Despite evidence that the Iraqi weapons were lifted and moved elsewhere during the several months leading up to the war (you know, when we were trying to wrangle through the French diplomatic kabal in the United States?); despite the fact that there wasn't a single intelligence agency in the world that didn't believe that Iraq had the weapons; despite the fact that the diplomacy and the invasion were both led by the United States and Great Britain... Despite all of those things the Iraqi weapons were "non-existent" and they had some blowhard on there claiming that the intelligence was completely engineered by George Tenet to justify a policy that President Bush had already decided on.

Now I get to listen to Michael Medved disagreeing with me on the Schiavo issue. At least he's honest about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home