19 April 2005

Off to Prison

Well, I'm glad to see that this little punk got at least a portion of what he deserved.

LOS ANGELES — A Caltech graduate student convicted of helping to firebomb scores of sport utility vehicles was sentenced to more than eight years in federal prison and ordered to pay $3.5 million in restitution.

A federal judge Monday rejected William Jensen Cottrell's plea for leniency.

"There's no way I'd ever be involved in anything like this again," Cottrell said. "I won't ever even jaywalk again."

However, U.S. District Judge R. Gary Klausner said Cottrell had engaged in domestic terrorism and "we're very, very lucky" that no one was killed in the arson attacks.

This little twerp's quote reminds me of an episode of M*A*S*H...

Klinger: Sir, I'd like to talk to you about something.
Henry: You wanna reenlist, right?
Klinger: Sir, I have to confess. I'm a communist, an atheisitc, Marxist, card-carrying, uh...
Henry: Bolshevik?
Klinger: No, honest!
Henry: You are not.
Klinger: I am too... You imperialist dog!
Henry: Klinger, I've never hit a woman before.
Klinger: Sir, what do I have to do to get out?
Henry: That's your problem, Klinger. I've got a desk full of my own. Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home