20 May 2005

A Humbler Tone

Some hippies calling themselves the "Council of Foreign Relations" has released a report claiming that the United States could win over the Muslim world if it "listened more, adopted a humbler tone and emphasised its aid programmes".

Here's a report for anyone who can hear it: the Muslim world can win over the rest of the world if it listened more, adopted a humbler tone, stopped cutting innocent people's heads off, stopped sending suicide bombers onto Israeli schoolbuses, stopped launching missiles into Israeli territory, stopped blowing up or trying to blow up Western landmarks and citizens, stopped oppressing women, allowed people to have a say in their own destinies, stopped rioting every time there were allegations of "intolerance" or "desecration" or, the most nebulous charge, "abuse"...

I could go on, but I think you get my point. When the Muslim world starts contributing anything to the rest of the world, then I'll start paying attention to what they have to say.

When a Turk tells me he dislikes America, I'll listen and take his comments under advisement. Aside from the standing rivalry between the Turks and the Kurds, who have the Turks attacked in the last twenty-five years? In the last fifty? In the last seventy-five?

I take the advice of people who can prove their devotion to peace, freedom, and understanding. I ignore the advice of people who sponsor, condone, or turn a blind eye to murderous terrorist vermin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home