29 June 2005

Justification for Turning In

When I ran last Wednesday at the gym, I did two minutes, walked one, three minutes, walked one, four minutes, walked two, three minutes, walked two, two minutes, walked one, and one minute of running. I wasn't terribly pleased, and my body really, really wanted me to stop.

Today it was clockwork: two, three, four, three, two, one, none of them separated by more than sixty seconds. From there I hit the stationary bike for about twelve minutes, and though I wasn't pedaling hard (it was my cool-down), sweat was still dripping from my eyelashes and hair and face and whatnot. Once I'd finished my chapter in "Moonraker", I went downstairs: eighty situps (in four sets of twenty), sixty pushups (in four sets of fifteen), nine pullups (in three sets of three), no pauses mid-set. I was a machine.

Tomorrow (and possibly Thursday due to certain unforeseen circumstances) I hit the pool. I stretched out before the run and after the muscle PT, so hopefully I won't be as sore and stiff tomorrow as I was last week. Overall, though, I feel like I was an absolute machine today, and it gives me hope that this might finally be the end of my streak of unfulfilled workout plans.

I'm going to bed. G'night, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home