03 July 2005

Daily Reading

Here are a couple more links for your reading pleasure before I shove off for a while.

First, I was reminded during the composition of the reading list post of a website that I frequented during my last year of college, when I wanted to become a nuclear submariner. Since I sometimes enjoy giving an actual article, vice a frontpage (I know, I spend too much of my own time spoon feeding you folks), here's a link to uboat.net: The Laconia Incident.

During the composition of the same post, I ran across the following interview with Richard Marcinko, one of the most arrogant, shameless self-promoters I've ever run across. I'll be reading the interview itself once I publish this post. The interview itself is described as follows:

In an exclusive interview, Marcinko discusses his new book, the war in Iraq, current missions for special operations forces, weaknesses in Homeland Security, and the future of America's war on terror.

You can guess that the point of the interview for Marcinko is the discussion of his new book, but we'll see if there isn't some pertinent information somewhere in there.

Thus Saith the Fly.

UPDATE: Okay, I've read the Marcinko interview, and as expected, it's basically a succinct description of things as they've stood for the last year or so. There's some shameless self promotion, and a lot of arrogance; I'll leave it at that. It's worth reading, but take it with a grain of salt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home