02 July 2005

Dating Horror Story #3

I went to get my hair cut today. I've been going to the same barber since I was in high school, so we've got a bit of history. He's a wacky car guy, third generation barber, cuts hair with his son on one side and his wife on the other. I went to school with one of his three sons (not the barber), and I've now had nearly six years of experience with this guy.

Gather round, ladies and gentlemen, as I reach back into hallowed antiquity to December of 2001; finals week, to be exact. This was the time when my barber set me up with his niece.

The Barber's wife has a niece, who we'll call Cassie; the Barber is apparently her favorite uncle. Seeing as how I'm a nice boy, the Barber decided that he ought to set me up with his niece, who'd moved here to go to school. She pretty much failed out of school (community college if I remember) because she slacked off too much, so she got a job at Old Navy. She left her number at the shop for me, and the next time I was in they handed it over. She was going to be down visiting her cousins (the barber's sons) that weekend, so I agreed to meet up with her.

You don't need to be Lycan Thrope to know that this was an accident waiting to happen.

I arrived at the house that the Barber's sons were living in. The door was opened by Barber #2 (the eldest son) and his girlfriend, who immediately offered me alcohol. I responded that I was extremely underage, and that I didn't drink, and she said "Good, I shouldn't either." I was then introduced to Cassie, my date for the evening.

Cassie wasn't a munchkin, but she was fairly short. She wasn't exceptionally thin; she had a bit of a belly, small breasts, a semi-pretty face, and a libido to rival Bane. Up to that point, a strict Christian upbringing and a private religious school education had kept her a virgin... That, and the fact that she really wasn't that attractive.

I'm not a bowler myself, but I was going to go along with what everyone else wanted to do, so we went bowling. If I remember correctly, that was the last time I went bowling; I don't bowl, as I mentioned just a couple of lines ago. The date included Barber #2, his crazy girlfriend (who was scarcely older than Cassie), Son #2, Cassie, and myself. Remember how I've said twice that I'm not a bowler? Yeah... I had the highest score in the group, in every game.

There wasn't much chemistry on my end, but she was friendly and flirty, and eventually Barber #2 and the girlfriend went home. It was decided that Cassie, Son #2, and I would go to the Barber's place and hit the hot tub. Okay, no worries. She gets her swim gear out of her car, and I drive out to the Barber's place; Son #2 went in his own car.

We arrived, and I got changed in the bathroom. Once changed, the three of us went out to the hot tub, which was about bath warm. Son #2 proceeded to drink somewhere between four and six beers while we were in the hot tub, and Cassie, who made a wise choice by wearing a one-piece swimsuit, kept playing with my knee under the wtaer until I finally held her hand, just to get her to stop. I was a little bit flirty with her, just to fill the conversation; I was absolutely not into this girl, and she was way too aggressive for a first date.

And she had this weird habit; remember how she wasn't that well endowed? Well, as it turns out, she made up for it... But constantly pushing her torso out, as if to display what little bit of endowment she did have. Ladies and gentlemen, I have dated girls from 32A to 40DD, and never have I needed a girl to show me what she had, least of all some little nineteen year old totty.

Since Son #2 had consumed so much alcohol in such a short amount of time, Cassie begged me to give her a ride back to the site of the meeting, so I did. Once we were back, I stuck around for a few minutes, and then left. Cassie followed me out, I nervously said my goodbyes, and did something I've only done once: I gave up what I felt to be a compulsory goodnight kiss. I told her that I'd call her in a couple of weeks.

A couple of weeks later, she called me, and we agreed to meet up in Hometown for coffee. In keeping with my habit of behaving like a gentleman, I paid, but made it covertly clear that I realy wasn't in a position to get into a serious relationship. I've not heard from her since, and though I thought once or twice about digging out her phone number and ringing her, I never brought myself to do it.

Today the Barber clued me in on the situation as it stands. Apparently she's still working at Old Navy, and some guy zeroed in on her and they got together. The first time the Barber met the guy was right after he and Cassie got out of the shower, and apparently Cassie freaked out because she knew that she wasn't doing what was expected of her. At that point they hadn't had sex, but by the time she and the Barber had a chance to talk about it, they had. She told the Barber that she was sure this was the guy she was going to marry; after the initial session, though, the guy decided he wasn't so interested in marrying her, so now they're just shackin' up.

It's unfortunate. She's a nice girl, and she deserves better than the creep that the Barber says he is. Apparently he's mooching off her, was driving her car, only works when he feels like it, and he's causing her to lie to her family. The situation is not good.

It was all a tough situation for me; I didn't want to burn any bridges with the Barber, because he's an outstanding barber. Cassie ended up being a nice girl, but we didn't have much in common, and there was no chemistry on my end; I think most of the chemistry on her end consisted of being excited that a guy was willing to go on a date with her. Bottom line?

  • Gents, a good barber is a valuable commodity. Don't risk losing access to it unless it's absolutely a sure thing.
  • Ladies, don't be overly aggressive with a guy. Be confident, but if he's not swift enough to appreciate your assets on his own, all of the chest puffing in the world is only going to make you look like a lunatic.

    Thus Saith the Fly.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home