30 July 2005

No Time Like the Present

Outstanding.

When I posted last, it was late this morning. Here's what's happened since.

  • I went to the gym and had a reasonably good workout. I accomplished all of my goals, and despite the hottie in the cute little bikini who I saw getting into the jacuzzi, I finished out my twenty-five minute swim, plus one lap. I still got my chance to sit in the jacuzzi and check her out a bit, which I don't generally do after a swim. She was a hottie, with one major, major flaw: a piercing fixation. Her navel was pierced twice, her ears were pierced extensively, and then I saw it, the most fatal mistake: a nose piercing. I also saw a friend, who shall be the source of the next post.
  • I went to Borders, looking for a particular book to buy with the remainder of a gift card from my graduation party. I found the book, but didn't buy it; instead, I bought a copy of the Penguin Classics edition of Homer's Iliad, and The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis. I'll pick up the other title another time.
  • I stopped in to get my hair cut, and of course, a good time was had by all.
  • I grabbed a hero sandwich (fitting, don't you think?), brought it home, and I've finished eating it.

    I'll accomplish very little today and tonight. I'll probably do something I've not done in a great while, but that I've intended to do for a couple of weeks: soothe my aching muscles by taking a long, hot bath, likely accompanied by some music. Maybe an old U2 album, probably Boy or October.

    And I am, of course, still on call, so it could all disappear at the drop of a hat.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home