24 September 2005

Still Thankful, Still Hanging On

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote this. I'm feeling pretty pathetic tonight; I was at work until nine tonight. When did I get done with work? Seven.

I wasted two hours of my life accomplishing nothing on the computer. I'm absolutely pathetic. I had pretty much two things on my list for this week beyond the stuff that's usually on there, and at this point I've completed one of them, and that was two or three days late. Considering that it was a time-sensitive item, and it's pushed back the eventual meeting to sometime next week, I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say that this week wasn't extremely successful.

So what do you do when you feel like Paris Hilton? (Which is to say, you feel like a free-loading, dog-faced, no talent hack with no ambition and no motivation whatsoever.) You make out a list of some of the things you're thankful for.

1. I'm thankful that I probably have more books than anyone I know, save for Professor Augustus and maybe Super Dave.
2. I'm thankful for tapes of my last few radio shows; the music was great, I was in rare form, and they can still make me laugh, right down to knowing from what I had to say that I was being distracted at the time by a phone call to the station phone from Fyffe for Fighting.
3. I'm thankful that I'm fully functional: walking, talking, hearing, (corrected) sight, smell, taste, touch, et cetera.
4. I'm thankful that I have two thousand dollars in the bank, and I hope that I can sit on it long enough to have in excess of three thousand in there in a week and a half before I start making some necessary purchases.
5. I'm still thankful that I get to end my week with Battlestar Galactica.

I could do more, but this is good for now. I'm going to take a leak, then sit back down for the rest of Galactica. See y'all tomorrow, folks.

Oh, and I'll chalk a sixth one on here, just for good measure.

6. I'm thankful for those Special K commercials with the girl in the dark blue jeans, red sweater, and white undershirt. She gives me an absolute chubby every time I hear that Collective Soul song start up.
7. There's a gorgeous harvest moon out my window. Outstanding.

G'night.

UPDATE: Fuckin' A... This episode of Galactica is not what I needed tonight. It's not often that a television show gets me shook up, and this one has. I'll not give away the details; suffice to say, the only redeeming factor is that the good guys came to the rescue (Chief and Helo), but it looks like an ugly cliffhanger. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home