14 October 2005

Dodging Assassins, Two by Two...

... They want your ruby slippers, and your little dog too.

Those of you who saw this post will remember that the lovely and talented Michelle was very insistent that I check the tracking data on my incoming package. Well, just for kicks, I went to check it, and this is what I found.

Oct 14 09:34 AM METROPOLIS In transit
Oct 14 09:33 AM HODGKINS IL Departure Scan
Oct 14 05:48 AM HODGKINS IL Arrival Scan
Oct 14 05:10 AM HODGKINS IL Arrival Scan
Oct 14 01:06 AM INDIANAPOLIS IN Departure Scan
Oct 13 11:35 PM INDIANAPOLIS IN Arrival Scan
Oct 13 08:33 PM LEXINGTON KY Departure Scan
Oct 13 01:06 PM LEXINGTON KY Shipment picked up from seller's facility
Oct 13 10:23 AM Carrier notified to pick up package

If they're actually shipping it via UPS, then I'd bank on a delivery no later than Tuesday. I'll keep you posted, of course; after all, while I wait on this NASA prospect, it's not like I have anything better to do.

Yesterday, after lunch with Mormon Buddha and sitting in on one of the Marine Corps classes that I took a couple of years ago (and noting that none of the historical mistakes I'd mentioned had been fixed), I went and visited dead relatives. I went to visit my great-grandparents in College City, my grandfather and his family out in the country, and my Progenitrix and five other members of that side of the family. I'm not morbid, not by any means, but in my line of work you come to value the visits to those who laid the foundation for your very existence.

More later. Time to get ready for work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home