23 October 2005

Killin' for a Livin'

I'm not sure how many of you are hunters; I am, at least casually. I'm a gun owner, and when I have money I'd like to put together a bona fide pair of hunting rifles: something for deer and smaller, and something for elk and bigger, possibly a .223 or .22-250 and a .300 Winchester Mag.

At any rate, tonight I was researching English Bulldogs, and was somehow reminded of my desire to go wild boar hunting at some point. Aside from wanting a gorgeous set of tusks, I'd really love to try that wild ham. In my day I've shot a full-grown male deer (three-point, or "six-point" if you're from the East Coast and have to inflate your ego by cheating) and a juvenile elk. I got my first rifle when I was twelve years old; a friend of my dad's bought it for me when I was born and gave it to my dad to give to me at an appropriate age, and that sucker's never getting sold.

At any rate, I'm curious: any hunters in the group? If so, what have you taken? Any big goals for the future? Poosh is, of course, excused from this particular question on account of the British position that hunting is not a real sport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home