24 October 2005

A Sick Question

Okay, here's another question for you, and then I have to get ready to run back home from the garage once I've dropped my car off for a minor repair. Is anyone who reads TSTF at all concerned about avian flu? Furthermore, is there any good reason to be concerned about it? Aside from the fact that it doesn't appear to have affected the United States at this point, isn't it just a slightly tougher strain of the influenza that everyone ignores?

I didn't get a flu shot last year. I don't intend to get a flu shot this year. I'm a tough brute man, and I take good care of myself. I'm don't have "risk factors" like recent surgery or anything like that to bog me down.

And have a look at this article. It says that avian flu has killed sixty-one people in Asia in the last two years. Let's remember, ladies and gentlemen, that many countries in Asia have education and health care systems that are almost as bad as Africa's. Let's also remember, ladies and gentlemen, that Asia is the most populous area of the world; between China and India alone, you've got roughly two and a half billion people.

Seriously. Is anyone concerned? I'm not. If I should be, please, enlighten me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home