25 October 2005

Suckoon

I'm not even sure if I've got the title spelled write; then again, it's Arabic, so the transliteration is up for interpretation. That's why when I'm translating Arabic to English, my initial transliteration into English winds up as "Birout", instead of "Beirut". Just ask Mohamet, Mohammed, Muhammed, Mohammad, and Muhammad.

At any rate, "suckoon" means, in Arabic, "tranquility". There's a mark that's used when a letter is to be used only as a consonant, and not with the standard following vowel sound. I'm not using it in that context.

Lately, I've noticed that I say very stupid things. Not on here; or at least, they're not as stupid, and far more trivial on here. No, in interpersonal and professional systems, I jabber on and on and on, and say nothing. I sound like a total lunatic, or a complete jackass, and I offend or confuse people. I gum on and on about stupid things. I whine about Democrats, or I blather on and on about Sports Night or MI-5. I recommend How the Irish Saved Civilization to just about everybody (M@, if you think that this means I'm going to let up on you, think again).

I'm in the process of entering the professional world, so now is the time for me to establish good habits and make positive changes in my personal demeanor; so I'm making a conscious effort to speak less. At work, currently, if it doesn't need to be said, I'm making a concerted effort not to say it. Also, I think that when I finally land that real job, I'm going to establish a protocol to prevent mixing my personal life with my profesional life.

The net result? I'm setting myself up with a plan that can't win, and one that probably kills my chances of meeting both friends and women whenever I finally wind up uprooting myself. I think that the core of it, though, is good: if I speak less, I'll be less embarrassed in the long run.

Ugh. This is what I'm reduced to. I'm going to bed, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home