17 October 2005

Whoopsie Fly

I totally anticipated doing a news update. The most important thing is that Iraqis had a strong showing at the polls, and it looks like the Iraqi constitution has probably been approved. Patience pays off, eh? Most of my time at work was spent either working, or working on a revision of part of my oil post for publication in the independent campus newspaper.

By the way, I'm sure that most of you diabolical denizens of the Internet are familiar with the phrase "Jumping the Shark". Is anyone familiar with the horrible made-in-Canada Nickelodeon teen soap opera "Fifteen"? Just reading the comments reminded me of so much crazy stuff about the show. Apparently Van Wilder himself, Ryan Reynolds, got his start on this show. I probably haven't seen an episode in a solid decade, or more, so I only have vague recollections of a garage set with the same exterior transition shot, and a couple of the characters; apparently, one of them was actually named "Arseman", and that particular character was a black girl. Wow. Of course, much more entertaining was Welcome Freshmen (JTS link).

I have to work tomorrow, and get some other bits and pieces done both before and after, so I'm on that fast decline. Last night's sleep was sufficient, but tonight's sleep will be spectacular. G'night, folks; more in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home