13 December 2005

Deep Thoughts

One of the finest comedy creations to come out of the 1990's are Jack Handy's Deep Thoughts. Various websites put up anthologies of them; here's one of them. In addition to the one I posted with the Fly Report, I was struck by a couple of others:

At first I thought, if I were Superman, a perfect secret identity would be "Clark Kent, Dentist," because you could save money on tooth X-rays. But then I thought, if a patient said, "How's my back tooth?" and you just looked at it with your X-ray vision and said, "Oh it's okay," then the patient would probably say, "Aren't you going to take an X-ray, stupid?" and you'd say, "Aw fuck you, get outta here," and then he probably wouldn't even pay his bill.

And then there's this one...

As we were driving, we saw a sign that said "Watch for Rocks." Marta said it should read "Watch for Pretty Rocks." I told her she should write in her suggestion to the highway department, but she started saying it was a joke - just to get out of writing a simple letter! And I thought I was lazy!

Ha! And what about this gem?

Ambition is like a frog sitting on a Venus Flytrap. The flytrap can bite and bite, but it won't bother the frog because it only has little tiny plant teeth. But some other stuff could happen and it could be like ambition.

Simply outstanding. Go check 'em out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home